Thursday, May 9, 2013

Southern Georgia Oral Surgery-Pediatric Approach To Oral Surgical Care



Pediatric oral surgical care is very important and essential to the full scope approach to oral surgery implemented in our office.  A team approach and plan is critical as the patient is oriented to the service being provide.  I have discovered that establishing a rapport and commonality with young patients is paramount.  I provide sedation for 100% of my pediatric for all procedure types.  I do not use inhalational gases due to their ineffectiveness and time of induction.  Oral sedation is given one hour prior to any procedure in the form of halcion(0.125mg).  This approach seems to be effective and creates a degree of euphoria/anxiolysis.  Thereby allowing myself and my team to be efficient in establishing the IV.  As a result, we can immediately administer all necessary meds and perform our intended procedure.  This process has rendered great results and it appears the patients have great things to say post-operatively.

Roger Myers DMD
www.southerngeorgiaoms.com

No comments:

Post a Comment